Current licenses expire at midnight, Eastern Time, on March 31, 2023.
To ensure you receive your renewal notification from the department, your current mailing address must be on file. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to renew before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate the competency to resume active practice by sitting for a special purpose examination or by completing other reactivation requirements.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your reactivation requirements.
If you are reactivating your license, please refer to the Laws & Rules governing your practice for additional requirements.
The department will renew your license upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
Options for Non-Renewal of your license
- Retire – Pay a one-time $55 fee. The license remains in a dormant state and can be reactivated by the licensee if needed.
- Voluntarily Relinquish – Submit a formal request in writing to the Board. Relinquishment of the license, the license number is discontinued and cannot be reactivated.
- Delinquent & Null/Void – Take no action. The license will go delinquent after the expiration date and Null/Void 2 years after the expiration date. Once Null/Void, the license cannot be reactivated.
At least 90 days before your license expires, the department will mail you a renewal notification postcard to your last known mailing address of record. You will have until midnight on the day your license expires to renew. Failure to renew an active or inactive license by the expiration date will result in the license being placed in delinquent status. Failure by a delinquent licensee to become active or inactive before the expiration of the current licensure cycle renders the license null and void without any further action by the board or the department.
- Go to www.flhealthsource.gov and click the “Renew A License” button.
- Enter your Personal Identifying Information (PII), then click the Login button.
- Confirm or update your MQA Services Account email address, then click the “Continue” button.
- You are now in the Dashboard. During renewals, a “Renew My License” option will populate no later than 90 days prior to your license expiration date. (Note: If you do not see the “Renew My License” option, please check back at a later time.)
*** If the “PII Failed” screen displays, click the “Other Login Option” button and enter your existing User ID and password to access your account.***
You may renew online if you have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction. Please note that you can now renew online, print a copy of your application summary and mail it with your cashier’s check or money order to:
Division of Medical Quality Assurance
P.O. Box 6320
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
Information for requesting a Name Change
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please submit a request including your full name as it appears on your license, profession, license number, your new name, your date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, and your signature. Attach supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- a copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- a divorce decree showing the name change
- a court order showing the name change (Adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document. A social security card is not considered legal documentation.
Please Note: The last four digits of the SSN are requested as required by DOH Policy Number DOHP 385-LS05-12 Name Changes for Existing Licensees, which was established for security purposes due to past instances of fraudulent activity.
Certified check or money order should be made payable to the Florida Department of Health.
If renewing BEFORE your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$155.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$155.00|
|Active to Inactive||$155.00|
|Inactive to Active||$305.00|
|Active to Retired||$55.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$55.00|
If renewing AFTER your license expires, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$260.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$260.00|
|Active to Inactive||$365.00|
|Inactive to Active||$515.00|
|Active to Retired||$265.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$265.00|
If renewing 120 day Notified Delinquent, your fees will be:
|Active to Active||$415.00|
|Inactive to Inactive||$415.00|
|Active to Inactive||$415.00|
|Inactive to Active||$565.00|
|Active to Retired||$315.00|
|Inactive to Retired||$215.00|
Licenses become Null & Void1 on April 1, 2023.
By submitting the appropriate renewal fees to the department, a licensee acknowledges compliance with all requirements for renewal, including continuing education.
A licensee who remains on inactive status for more than two consecutive biennial licensure cycles and who wishes to reactivate the license may be required to demonstrate competency to resume active practice by completing additional reactivation requirements.
1Null & Void -The licensed practitioner failed to renew their licensure status for two renewal cycles, resulting in their license expiring.
Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
To locate board approved CE Courses for this profession, please click here
|REQUIRED SUBJECT AREA||REQUIRED NUMBER OF HOURS||IMPORTANT INFORMATION|
|Medical Errors||2||Must be taken from a Board approved Medical Errors provider. Approved courses are listed in CEBroker.|
|Ethics and Boundaries||3|
|Laws and Rules||3||These hours are required every third biennium and are included in the 25 general hours.|
|Domestic Violence||2||These hours are required every third biennium and are included in the 25 general hours.|
First Biennium Renewal: Practitioners initially licensed and renewing a license for the first time are exempt from completing continuing education
Board Rule Approved Providers
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC);
- American Association of Sex Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT);
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH);
- National Association of Social Work (NASW);
- American Psychological Association (APA);
- Clinical Social Work Federation (CSWF);
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB);
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP);
- American Psychiatric Association;
- International Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Counselors (AMFC);
- American Association of State Counseling Boards (AASCB);
- American Counseling Association (ACA);
- American Mental Health Counseling Association (AMHCA);
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT); and
- Association of Marital and Family Therapy Regulatory Boards (AMFTRB)
Other Methods of Obtaining Continuing Education per Biennium
- 3 hours general credits for attending a Board meeting
- Up to 10 hours for being a presenter or moderator
- Up to 5 hours for being an instructor of a graduate level course
- There are no limit on the number of hours earned through home study courses
- Sex Therapy or Hypnosis training covers all 25 general credits
Click on Chapter or Section Number to View
Florida Administrative Codes