Licensing and Registration


To learn more about the licensure process, select the type of license you wish to apply for from the list of professions below.

The Board has made every effort to include the information you need to apply for licensure on this website. You can visit our Help CenterFAQs and Resources page for frequently asked questions, links, forms, applications and other helpful information.

Exam Information →

Florida law provides that an initial application must be reviewed within 30 days. Below is the average number of days we are currently processing at.

ProfessionNumber of Days
Licensed Clinical Social Worker3-5
Licensed Marriage/Family Therapist1-3
Licensed Mental Health Counselor1-3
Provisional Clinical Social Worker1-3
Provisional Marriage & Family Therapist1-3
Provisional Mental Health Counselor1-3
Clinical Social Worker Intern3-5
Marriage & Family Therapist Intern1-3
Mental Health Counselor Intern1-3
Certified Master Social Workers1-3
Choose a Profession or Licensesm_divider

Registered Clinical Social Worker Intern

Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist

Registered Marriage & Family Therapist Intern

Registered Mental Health Counselor Intern

Dual Licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist

Certified Master Social Worker

Out-of-State Telehealth Provider Registration