General FAQs

General FAQs

Expand allClose all

Which professions have profiles that list education, specialty certification and other background information on-line?

All medical doctors, osteopathic physicians, chiropractic physicians, podiatrists, and advanced registered nurse practitioners have profiles that list this information.

Which link allows me to change my mailing address on file with the department?

Once you are logged into Online Services, select Update Address link from the side navigational menu.

Does the department have assistance programs for impaired health care professionals?

Yes, Florida health care professionals can seek assistance for impairment through the Department’s Impaired Practitioner Programs – the Intervention Project for Nurses (IPN) or the Professionals Resource Network (PRN). Impairment may be as a result of misuse or abuse of alcohol or drugs, or both, or due to a mental or physical condition which could affect the licensee’s ability to practice with skill and safety.

Intervention Project for Nurses, Inc. (IPN) (Contract Number: COMV5)
Linda L. Smith, ARNP, M.Div, CAP, Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 49130
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32240-9130
Toll Free: (800) 840-2720
Telephone Number: (904) 270-1620
FAX: (904) 270-1633

Professionals Resource Network, Inc. (PRN) (Contract Number: COMW3)
P.O. Box 1020
Fernandina Beach, Florida 32035-1020
Toll Free: (800) 888-8PRN (8776)
Telephone Number: 904-277-8004
Fax: 904-261-3996

Do I have to report any criminal activities after I receive my license?

You are required to report all criminal activities after you receive your license. You may report the criminal offense(s) online via Online Services, by e-mail, or by mail:

Florida Department of Health
Licensure Support Services Unit, Bin #C-10
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3267

If reporting by e-mail or mail, provide the date of the offense, a description of the crime, and the county and state of jurisdiction.

What is the difference between License Verification and License Certification?

License Verification – Information regarding the licensure status of a practitioner. This is for use by persons or organizations that do not require a document certifying this information under seal.

Licensure Certification – Specific document certifying licensure status and disciplinary history, prepared by a representative of the Division of Medical Quality Assurance and bearing a seal. This document is generally required for applicants seeking licensure in other states and for use in court proceedings. There is a $25 fee for this service in accordance with Rule 64B-4.001, F.A.C.

How can I get a copy of the board’s agenda?

By visiting the board’s meetings page. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on either past or upcoming meetings. Review the meeting dates to locate the agenda you need, and the board’s agenda should be posted on the right under Materials.

Who can attend board meetings?

All board meetings are open to the public.

How can I become a board member?

Board members are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Senate. You may apply by contacting the Governor’s Appointment Office at 850-488-9243 or by visiting the website:

How can I file a complaint against a licensee?

Print the Complaint Form with the Authorization for Release of Patient Records from our Enforcement site or call 1-888-419-3456 or (850)414-1976 to request one by phone. Complete the form and mail it to the address given on the form.

How can I get a practitioner’s disciplinary history?

You can request a practitioner’s disciplinary history from our Public Records website under Disciplinary Records.

How can I get a list of practitioners by county?

To view a list of actively licensed practitioners, use the License Verification Search and select the county and profession from the drop-down list.

Advice for AOL users.

Users of later versions of AOL may experience problems accessing links within the Medical Quality Assurance (MQA) Services page when inside AOL and using the AOL browser. This is caused by pop-up security features within newer versions of AOL. Try to avoid accessing MQA Services from within AOL.

The way around the problem, once you have started AOL, is to minimize the AOL window and, from your computer’s desktop, open up an Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator browser. Type the url directly on the address line of the browser and press Enter. You will be able to access all the features within the MQA Services page without experiencing problems.

How do I know if this website is secured?

This website is secured using a thawte Digital Certificate. This ensures that all information you send to us via the World Wide Web will be encrypted. Please click on the thawte Trusted Site Seal which demonstrates our commitment to your security. In addition to the thawte Trusted Site Seal, you will also see the “lock” emblem displayed in the browser.

In Internet Explorer 6, the lock emblem can be found in the lower right-hand corner of the status bar.

In Internet Explorer 7.0, the lock emblem can be found next to the address (URL) line.

In FireFox and Netscape, the emblem can be found in both locations.

Is there an additional fee for using a credit card?

No. There is no additional cost for making a credit card payment online.

I’m not receiving a response to my email inquiries.

Verify that you are using the email address: MQAOnlineservice Also, If you have spam blocker on your computer, you will not be able to receive emails from Licensure Services without updating your spam blocker to allow emails from the Department.

Please update your spam blocker to receive emails from or contact our Licensure Support Services at (850) 488-0595, for assistance with the Online Services portal and for renewal information.

How can I verify if my license has been issued?

You may verify a license by visiting our website at

Will my foreign education be acceptable for licensure?

Foreign education must be translated to English and evaluated by a Board approved evaluator. Approved Evaluators are listed below.

World Education Services
PO Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
(212) 966-6311

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 92970
Milwaukee, WI 53202-0970
(414) 289-3400

International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
(310) 258-9451

Josef Silny and Associates, Inc.
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
(305) 273-1338

When will I need to renew my license?

Licenses must be renewed no later than March 31, every odd year.

What are the requirements for licensure as a Pedorthists?

The minimum 120 hours of training must meet the following requirements: the training must take place in a program approved by ABC, the training must include the five major domains: Pedorthic assessment, techniques and applications, patient management, practice management and professional responsibility.

The internship must consist of 80 hours of Pedorthic work experience under the direct supervision of a licensed orthotist, licensed pedorthist, and orthotist certified by ABC, or a pedorthist certified by ABC.

What is a registered agent for an Out-of-State Telehealth Provider Registration?

A registered agent is an individual or entity which is designated to receive service of process notices or other correspondence from the Florida Department of Health. Please note that a registered agent is unrelated to your health care profession and their sole purpose is to ensure the department has established contact when needed. For example, if the department finds that you are not compliant with your licensure requirements and needs to contact you, you will be notified through your mailing address and through the registered agent you have designated to help ensure you receive the documentation. Florida law provides that every out-of-state telehealth provider must have a designated registered agent, who must have an address in Florida.

The department cannot recommend a registered agent for you to designate. You should research the right registered agent for you (many use a search engine, such as Google, to locate a registered agent in Florida), but you must ensure the one you choose is listed under Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations at Once you contact a registered agent, they will walk you through the process of how to designate them. Please note that because you are requesting a service, registered agents may require a fee. The department is not responsible for any costs associated with registered agents.

The database linked above is set up in a way where the registered agent is listed under an LLC, they are designated for but please note that we are not concerned with the LLC and do not require you to create an LLC. When verifying your Registered Agent, we match the name and address listed on your application in the database under the section titled “Registered Agent Name & Address” – we do not look at the LLC they are associated with. Please note that this database was created by the Department of State for certain purposes, therefore the Department of Health does not have the ability to change the setup. If you have questions about how to use the website listed above, please use the Division of Corporations’ guide at